The Emerging Talent Award is the only CAFA Award category eligible for self nomination. This Award will be presented to an innovative Canadian designer who is emerging as a true creative force in Canadian fashion. The Emerging Talent Award winner will receive a cash prize of $10,000, complimentary production of a look book and gain national and international exposure and recognition.
Participation is open to all Canadian designers with no more than five (5) years of professional industry experience and who have designed a minimum of two (2) collections. Your business must be based in Canada.
A jury comprised of influential members of the Canadian arts and fashion community including representatives from top art and design schools, fashion publications, and fashion retailers will review all valid entries. Jurors will select the Emerging Talent Award winner based on originality, creativity and commercial viability.
To be eligible for consideration, designers must submit:
- A cover letter that serves as an introduction
- A page on why you should be the 2014 Emerging Talent Award winner
- A digital copy of your current look book or a portfolio of runway shots *
- A business plan that includes a suggested retail price list
- A list of locations where your designs are currently sold
- A Professional or Academic reference letter (PDF)
* Please submit as high-resolution PDF files at 300 dpi with each file no larger than 8MB
Submissions must be received online (see link below) by 5:00 pm EST on Wednesday, September 25th, 2013. Late entries will not be accepted. A confirmation of submission receipt will be emailed to all entrants. Entrants selected as official nominees will be notified by email by Oct 17, 2013. Official nominees and their designs will be featured online at www.cafawards.ca and also on-site at the CAFA Gala and Awards Presentation.
For more information on the competition please contact email@example.com.